About the Municipal Court, and it gets confusing!
Where is the Clarkson Valley Municipal Court? – Not In Clarkson Valley!
The Clarkson Valley Municipal Court Municipal Court is conducted within the Chesterfield Municipal Court at 690 Chesterfield Parkway West in Chesterfield Missouri. The Chesterfield Municipal Court is a money-making behemoth capable of generating income not only for Chesterfield but for other municipalities as well. This helps support the pool. Please do be careful when driving to the Chesterfield Municipal Court to attend your hearing for the Clarkson Valley Municipal Court, as they love to entrap speeders in that area.
Like the other courts in St. Louis County, the Clarkson Valley Municipal Court is a Division of the 21st Judicial Circuit Court (St. Louis County) of Missouri. The Municipal Court handles traffic and other municipal code/ordinance violations filed by the Clarkson Valley Police Department. To view the website for the Municipal Court, click here. The picture on their website is not in fact the Municipal Court of Clarkson Valley, nor for Chesterfield for that matter, it’s actually the Supreme Court of the United States.
Contact an Experienced Clarkson Valley Municipal Court Lawyer Today
Charged With A Crime?
Be it a DWI, Assault, or even a simple Speeding ticker, if you signed a citation in front of an officer, you did not plead guilty, but only signed a promise to appear in court on your appearance date. If you are charged with a DWI or other criminal violation, contact an experienced Municipal Court attorney to assist you with your case. A criminal conviction can have serious consequences including a criminal record, driving restrictions, and increased insurance rates. In addition, a criminal record can restrict your access to certain jobs, federal and private, certain government benefits, schooling, and several other rights you have as a citizen. Call Markwell Law at 636-486-1093 today for a free consultation.
Map to Clarkson Valley (Chesterfield) Municipal Court
690 Chesterfield Parkway West
Chesterfield, MO 63017
We can help you understand your legal options and yes, you have options. At Markwell Law, you should expect to receive an honest, straightforward, and practical assessment of the case. Feel free to peruse this website for additional information on the various charges, courts, and aspects of the law. Remember, there is light at the end of this tunnel.
This may be your first run-in with the law or you may already have a conviction on your record. No matter the circumstances of your case or the severity of the crime you have been accused of, you can feel confident that we will do everything in our power for you. Our goal here is to minimize the potential damage that you are facing and to support you in moving forward.
Your Rights in the City of Clarkson Valley Municipal Division, now in Chesterfield
- You have the right to be advised of the charges against you.
- You have a right to be informed of the penalties which can range from a fine of $1.00 to $1,000 and/or up-to 90 days in the County jail.
- You have a right to retain an attorney of your own choosing, and, if you need a continuance for that purpose, it will be granted to you upon request. If you cannot afford an attorney, you have the right to petition the Court for an indigency hearing, and, upon a finding of indigency, an attorney will be appointed for you.
- You have the right to call witnesses on your behalf in the event of a trial.
- You are entitled to cross-examine the witnesses who might testify in the case against you.
- You have a right to testify on your own behalf or stand mute, and, there will be no significance attached to either choice that you might make.
- You are presumed innocent until proven guilty, and, it is not your job to disprove your guilt, but rather, the job of the Prosecutor for the City, through witnesses, to prove your guilt.
- If you are dissatisfied with any decision rendered by the Court, you have 10 days from your appearance in Court, to secure the appropriate appeal forms from the Clerk of this Division, and you may then process your own appeal to the St. Louis County 21st Circuit Court in Clayton, where, at a different time, and before a different Judge, you will be given an entirely new trial.
1031 Peruque Crossing Ct, Ste. B
O’Fallon, MO 63366